Organised by the FIP Young Pharmacists Group in collaboration with the FIP Industrial Pharmacy Section and the FIP SIG on Formulation Design and Pharmaceutical Technology
Prateek Jain (Biopharma Insights, Decision Resources Group, India) and Linda Hakes (FIP, UK)
- Pharmacokinetic considerations and challenges in oral anticancer drug delivery
Geoff Tucker (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Novel materials in oral anticancer drug delivery, where are we?
Prateek Jain (Biopharma Insights, Decision Resources Group, India)
- Novel formulations and the biopharmaceutical challenges of oral cancer therapy
Gavin Halbert (Strathclyde University, UK)
- Socio-economic benefits of chemotherapy at home: The future
Sandeep Parsad (PGY2 Oncology, University of Chicago Medicine, USA)
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current formulation technologies for oral delivery of small molecules in cancer chemotherapy;
- Explain the significance of improving the ease of administration for cancer patients;
- List the innovative strategies to revitalise the existing molecules to maximise the returns on investment;
- Describe how to extend the scope of a molecule, scale-up, commercialise and offer business opportunities.
Type of session: Knowledge-based